Canine Peace of Mind offers puppy preschool to puppies between the ages of 7 and 16 weeks. Getting the right start with your new puppy will give you a head start on having a happy, healthy, and well-adjusted dog. Puppy preschool can be taught virtually, at our location, or at your home.
Puppy Preschool Training
We cover all puppy basics from potty training and puppy biting, to proper handling techniques and socialization. Our trainers will start by explaining the different stages your puppy will be going through as they mature. It is imperative to understand how your puppy is learning so that you know what you are teaching them, or not teaching them.
Puppy preschool equips puppies between the ages of 7 and 16 weeks with basic housebreaking and socialization skills. We cover the following:
- Items to have in your puppy toolbox including recommended toys and chews
- Imprinting and fear phases, when and what they are
- Appropriate socialization and exposure
- How to desensitize your puppy to loud noises (fireworks and thunderstorms)
- Potty and crate training
- Mouthing and play biting
- Leash pulling
- Car rides and motion sickness
- Affection and Handling
- Reduce stress at the vet, groomer and when having visitors over
- Avoiding separation anxiety
- Preparations for Adolescence and Adulthood
Head Start to Owning a Happy, Well-Adjusted Dog
Our goal is to get you and your puppy on the right path from day one.
Since we do not start puppies in our board and train program until they are between the ages of 16 and 20 weeks, this class is built to alleviate issues you may be struggling with until they are old enough for official training.
Our training is a lifestyle and the sooner you start implementing that lifestyle, the more well-behaved your puppy will be and the happier you will be.